Genius Hour Project: How To Start A Good and Successful YouTube Channel

Before I tell you about my genius hour project, I’m gonna give a basic definition of what “Genius Hour” is. Genius hour is time given to you by your teacher or boss at work to work on any personal project of your own. As a career, I want o become a YouTube creator. So I researched “How to start a good and successful YouTube channel” and made a presentation on it.

I first found a video by SuperSaf TV

SuperSaf gave a list of facts about the real world and how to give people a positive image of yourself. He talked about being yourself and also about patience.

And with that I self learned that it’s good to have multiple talents at once. I just got into rapping and sound mixing and in my next genius hour project I will be surfing around the internet researching on different types of sound mixers and kits and all that.

2 thoughts on “Genius Hour Project: How To Start A Good and Successful YouTube Channel

1. Ms Paciotti says:

What fascinating plans you have for your future! It seems you are already busy working toward making it a reality.

I’ve read a lot about Genius Hour, but never actually talked to a student who has done it. Did you have any kind of instructions or rubric to guide you through the project? Other than choosing your own topic, how was Genius Hour different from other projects you’ve done in school?

1. mosesisd21 says:

Genius Hour is giving you time to make sure that what you want is really what you want. You’re gonna want to know what you have to do to do what you want to do. And a good way of getting your information is not just google searching, but my Digital Citizen introduced us to technique call the Twitter Expert Connect. You gain contact with experts at your project. It could be a professor, a YouTuber, or another student on your same bus. But not a celebrity because they already get a lot of Tweets from their fans.

Hope that answered you question.
      – Moses